The Modern Warfare Beta has now come to an end, though during its availability partners of VG Sources discovered upon the Multiplayer modes list via the in-game files on PC.
Infinity Ward appears to be providing a slight spin on the Call of Duty franchise with the upcoming iteration. Although the in-game files suggest the return of some classic modes, there are notably references to some entirely new ones.
While some of these references may have been included within the files for merely testing, others might have purely been left over content. That said, the vast majority of the list should still be accurate.
- Team Deathmatch
- Headquarters – Gain points by capturing and holding the Headquarters.
- Capture the Flag – Take the enemy flag back to your base.
- SAB/DD – Recover the explosives and plant them at the enemy target, while protecting your own.
- Demolition – Teams alternate in attacking and defending two bomb sites, both of which must be destroyed by the attacking team equipped with bombs.
- Payload – Teams alternate in escorting a tank payload into enemy territory. Deliver the payload to win.
- Juggernaut – Kill the Juggernaut to become the new Juggernaut.
- Team Juggernaut – Each team has a Juggernaut. Juggernaut kills are worth more points. The first team to reach the score limit wins.
- Snatch – Hunt for the Arsenal and Escape with the Black Box.
- Mugger – Kill for dog tags, knife to steal. Collect dog tags from killed players to score.
- Survival – Eliminate all enemies. Survive &&1 waves to win.
- Rugby – Bring the Juggernaut to the enemy’s base to score.
- Arena – Win by eliminating the enemy team, having more surviving players, or more health at the end of the round.
- Arms Race – Eliminate your enemies and capture objectives. Be the first team to reach the score limit to win.
- Gun Game – First player to 18 wins.
- Rush – Capture or defend objectives until time runs out.
- Siege – Capture points to revive fallen teammates. Taking all points will win the round. First team to &&1 points wins.
- One in the Chamber – Make your shot count.
- Search and Rescue
- Kill Confirmed
- Drop Zone – Hold the Drop Zone for Team Points and Care Packages.
- Infected – Eliminated Survivors become Infected. Infect everyone, or survive the game to win.
- VIP – Take turns escorting the VIP to the extraction zone. Carry the VIP to the extraction zone.
- High Value Targets – Steal points back by extracting high value targets.
- Hostage – Secure and extract the hostages.
- Blitz – Take your team’s flag into the enemy base.
- Cyber Attack
- Team Defender – Capture the drone and hold it to upload data and earn points for your team.
- Assault – Eliminate enemies, capture HQ’s and extract VIPs to earn score for your team.
- MTMC – Capture a flag to advance to the next round, teams without a flag lose.
- EXFIL – Initiates an exfiltration sequence on match end.
- BATTLE ROYALE – Eliminate everyone. Survive.
We stress that some of the above can be subject to change or might have been included for testing purposes. There’s also a good chance of the some of the modes arriving as post-launch content.
Dataminers close to VG Sources also found references towards ‘Combat Outpost’, though this has been confirmed as a cut game mode. Kill Confirmed 2v2 was also featured in the code, as showcased in the screenshot below.